|TďKYď TAKARAZUKA THEATER|
1 January 1934: opening of the T˘ky˘ Takarazuka Theater (T˘ky˘ Takarazuka Gekij˘).
1945~1955: the T˘ky˘ Takarazuka Theater was taken over by the American occupation forces in 1945, becoming the Ernie Pyle Theater. It was forbiden to Japanese for 10 years and was finally given back to the T˘h˘ Company in 1955, which renamed it with its original name.
July 1955: first program at the T˘ky˘ Takarazuka Theater for the T˘h˘ Kabuki troupe, which was made up of Uno Nobuo's drama "M˘moku Monogatari", the dance "Shunkashűt˘" and Kawaguchi Matsutar˘'s drama "Kaette-kita Otoko". It was the premiere of Uno Nobuo's drama "M˘moku Monogatari", which was staged with the following casting:
February 1961: premiere at the T˘ky˘ Takarazuka Theater of H˘j˘ Hideji's drama "Korikori Banashi" with Hisaya Morishige (Inosuke), Nakamura Kanzabur˘ XVII (the priest Jűzen), Yamada Isuzu (Okiwa) and Miki Norihei (Matahei) .
1998: the first theater was demolished.
2001: the second theater was built in the T˘ky˘ Takarazuka Bldg.
 Because both Hisaya Morishige and Yamada Isuzu were from Kansai, they were portrayed as ďsaka natives and "Korikori Banashi" was set in ďsaka.
The T˘ky˘ Takarazuka Theater before WWII
|Contact | Main | Top | Updates | Actors | Plays | Playwrights | Programs | Links | FAQ | Glossary | Chronology | Illustrations | Prints | Characters | Derivatives | Theaters | Coming soon | News|